Be ready to tackle Cyclone, Flood and Drought: Naveen Patnaik
Nation First News: The State-level Natural Calamity Committee meeting was held at the State Secretariat under the chairmanship of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Saturday.
Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi, Ministers & senior officials of various departments were present at the meeting.
Addressing the meeting the Chief Minister said, “In view of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) for a normal monsoon this year, chances of flooding would be there. Enhanced preparedness has to be ensured at all level to meet any eventuality. At the same time the State has to remain fully prepared for any drought situation”.
Other preparedness to tackle Cyclone, Flood and Drought situations
• He asked Water Resources Department to ensure that all the breaches in the embankments are closed.
• He added that the Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force and Fire Service Organisation must remain fully prepared with boats and other rescue equipment.
• Food Supplies & Consumer Welfare Department to take necessary steps for pre-positioning of adequate food materials.
• Rural Development and Housing & Urban Development Departments have to make necessary prior arrangements for supply of safe drinking water.
• Sufficient temporary shelter materials must be stored in the district.
• Health & Family Welfare Department must make necessary arrangements to take care of health and higiene in the flood affected areas to prevent outbreak of any epidemic.