NF Bureau: The Indian National Congress on Tuesday released its manifesto for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections 2019.
In its manifesto Congress said jobs and farmer welfare will be the key issues in this election.
The Congress also promised that if the party is voted to power it will probe the defence deal for 36 Rafale fighter jets signed by the Narendra Modi-led NDA Government.
Congress President Rahul Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh were present at the launch of Congress manifesto in Delhi.
• Congress manifesto promises to make job creation as No.1 priority, both in the public and private sector; promises to fill up 22 lakh government job vacancies by 2020.
• Rs 72,000 per year to the poorest 20 per cent house-holds in India under Nyuntam Aay Yojana (NYAY) scheme.
• Promises for a separate “Kisan Budget” every year. (Karz Maafi’, to ‘Karz Mukti’ for farmers)
• Focuses on women’s security.
• Will create an estimated 10 lakh new Seva Mitra positions in every gram panchayat and urban local body.
• Will enact the Right to Healthcare Act and guarantee free diagnostics, free medicines and hospitalisation for every citizen.
• Compulsory and free school education from Class I to Class XII in public schools.
• Promises to increase employment days to 150 from 100.
Nation First News