Nation First News: The Odisha Economic Survey report tabled in the State Legislative Assembly today.
As per the report, the real Gross State Domestic Product (GSDP) of Odisha registered a growth rate of 8.4% in the financial year 2018-19 from 7.4% in the financial year 2017-18.
Economic Survey report 2018-19 stated that Odisha on an average has grown at a faster rate than other states such as Haryana, Punjab, Kerala, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Jharkhand.
Other key growths:
• Odisha’s rank on per-capita income improved from 25th in 1996-97 to 16th in 2016-17
• Average monthly household income in agriculture has increased to Rs 7,731 in 2016-17 from Rs 4,976 in 2012-13
• Child mortality has reduced by 41 percentage points between 1998-99 & 2015-16
• Inflation in 2018-19 was 2.9 per cent, which is lower than all India average, implying greater purchasing power
• Unemployment rate in the state in 2017-18 was 7.1 per cent while the same was 6.1 per cent in India
• Industrial sector comprised nearly 39.5% of Gross State Value Added in 2018-19 as compared to 29.8% at all India level
• High growth in Manufacturing and mining sectors with 15.8% and 4.3% respectively