Nation First News: With the IAF confirming the crash of ill-fated AN-32 Aircraft on June 3 in Arunachal Pradesh, the year 2019 has been confirmed as the worst year for the Air Foces with more than 6 months to go. The IAF had already lost 9 Pilots/Officials till May 2019. The toll has gone up to 22, after the confirmation of 13 deaths in AN-32. The IAF has also lost 10 Aircraft, including a Mi-17 Helicopter.
Here’s the List of Crashes/Losses suffered by the IAF in 2019:
January 2019: A Jaguar from Gorakhpur Air Base, crashed in Uttar Pradesh. Pilot ejected.
– Newly upgraded Mirage 2000 crashed during take-off at HAL Airport, Bengaluru. Both Pilots killed.
– MiG-27 Jet crashed in Rajasthan. Pilots ejected to safety.
– Two Hawk Mk.132 Jets of Surya Kiran Aerobattics team collided and crashed in Bengaluru. 1 Pilot killed.
– MiG-21 Bison Jet downed by Pakistan during a dogfight. Pilot ejected.
– Mi-17 Helicopter destroyed in accidental friendly fire in Budgam, Kashmir. 6 IAF personnel killed.
– MiG-27 crashed in Rajasthan. Pilot ejected
– MiG-21 crashed in Rajasthan. Pilot ejected
June 2019: AN-32 Transporter Plane crashed in Arunchal Pradesh. 13 IAF personnel, including 8 crew killed.