Nation First News: India is celebrating its 73rd Independence Day on Thursday, August 15.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfurled the Tricolour at the Red Fort in New Delhi today at 7.30 am followed by the national anthem and a 21-cannon grand salute as a respect to the freedom fighters.
Similarly, Jammu & Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik unfurled the national flag at Sher-i-Kashmir stadium on the occasion of 73rd Independence Day today. It is the first Independence Day celebration after Centre’s decision to scrap Jammu and Kashmir’s special status.
The security forces at the Red Fort and in Kashmir are put on a high alert.
PM Modi addressed the Nation. This was PM Modi’s 6th Independence Day speech. The Prime Minister made note of several developments in the 10 weeks it has been in power.
• Modi announces Jal Jeevan Mission; allocation of Rs 3.5 lakh crore to provide drinking water to every household
• Modi announces creation of Chief of Defence Staff. This was a recommendation by a committee after Kargil War in 1999. It took 20 years to implement.
• India can become a 5 trillion dollar economy in next 5 years
• PM urges people to accord priority to ‘Made in India’ product
• India soon to become open defecation free country
• Modi asked people for making India free from plastic
• Strongly fighting against those supporting terrorism
• Govt to invest Rs 100 lakh cr in infrastructure building
• More focus in on ease of doing business
• Govt abolished 1,450 laws that were of no use for the common people
• Centre, states should launch schemes to tackle population
• Dream of One Nation, One Constitution has finally been realise