NF Bureau: Here are some key late night developments in India & World:
- Russian President Vladimir Putin dialed PM Modi; offered deep condolences on Pulwama terror attack. Putin extends full support to people of India in their fight against terrorism. Both leaders agreed to take their Special and Privileged Strategic Partnership from strength to strength.
- Union Cabinet approves the Jammu and Kashmir Reservation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2019, paving way to bring persons residing in the areas adjoining the International Border within the ambit of reservation at par with persons living in areas adjoining LoC.
- Centre declares the Jamaat-e-Islami (JeI), Jammu and Kashmir as an “unlawful association”.
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to visit border areas on Friday.
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan offers to talk to PM Modi over phone, his office reaches out to PMO in India. No response from PMO yet.
- US and Saudi Arabia are trying to diffuse the tensions between India and Pakistan through back channel talks.
- North Korea agrees to permanently dismantle all nuclear material production if the United States removes partial sanctions.