Nation First News: Speaking on the scrapping of Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir, a young lawmaker of the BJP from Ladakh Jamyang Tsering Namgyal made a passionate speech in the Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
During the debate, the Ladakh Lok Sabha member said that for the first time, the aspirations and sentiments of Ladakh are being heard.
Criticising the opposition parties, the MP asserting that the only impact after revocation of Article 370 will be on ‘two families’ who would lose their livelihood.
Namgyal narrated about the rampant discrimination against Ladakh and how Ladakh has been fighting for an Union Territory status for the last 71 years.
While hit out at those who are opposing the Jammu and Kashmir (Reorganisation) Bill, 2019, Ladakh MP said “The UPA gave Kashmir a central University in 2011, Jammu fought and took a central university. I was a Student Union leader. We demanded for a central university in Ladakh, but we didn’t get any. PM Modi recently gave us a university, ‘Modi hai to mumkin hai’.”
Key Points of Speech
• No job creation or employment opportunities under Article 370
• Jammu and Ladakh have been starved for funds for years
• Kashmir will have a bright future if Article 370 is implemented
• UPA Govt misused Article 370 to drive out Kashmiri Pandits from the valleys
• The then Government tried to finish off Buddhist population in the state
• Ladakh wishes to become an unbreakable part of India
• Ladakh has faith in Govt’s decision to make it a Union Territory
• Ladakh has been asking for a UT for 71 years
• The place has never wanted to be with Kashmir
• The district Presidents of PDP and NC who wanted UT were expelled