Nation First News: In another round of clean-up, the Government of India compulsorily retired 15 Commissioner-level officials of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs.
According to Finance Ministry sources, these officials were charged with corruption, smuggling, collecting and giving bribes and even criminal conspiracy.
The 15 IRS officers retired Tuesday include those of the ranks of Principal Commissioner, Commissioner, Additional Commissioner, & Deputy Commissioner of Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) today, under Rule 56 (j) of the General Financial Rules.
Earlier, the Narendra Modi-led government sacked 12 senior income tax officers on charges of corruption and professional misconduct.
1. Principal commissioner Anup Srivastava (1984-batch IRS)
2. Atul Dikshit (IRS, 1988)
3. Sansar Chand (IRS, 1986)
4. G. Shree Harsha (1991)
5. Vinay Brij Singh (IRS, 1995)
6. Additional commissioners Ashok R. Mahida (IRS, 1990)
7. Virendra Kumar Agarwal (IRS, 1990)
8. Raju Sekar (IRS, 1992)
9. Deputy commissioners Ashok Kumar Aswal (IRS, 2003)
10. Amresh Jain (IRS, 1992)
11. Joint commissioner Nalin Kumar (IRS, 2005)
12. Assistant commissioners S.S. Pabana (IRS, 2014)
13. S.S. Bisht (IRS 2014)
14. Vinod Kumar Sanga (IRS 2014)
15. Mohd Altaf (IRS, 2009)