Nation First News: The Junior Doctors at the NRS Hospital, Kolkata, called off their strike after West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee agreed to their demands. They also expressed their gratitude to the CM.
Earlier, in a bid to end the week-long deadlock, West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee met the representatives of the protesting doctors at Nabanna on Monday.
Mamata Banerjee agreed to live coverage of meeting with agitating doctors. West Bengal Commissioner and DGP were also present in the meeting along with Health Secretary.
During the meeting, the Chief Minister suggested a 10-point security measures for safety of doctors. She has accepted the proposal of doctors to set up Grievance Redressal Cell in Government Hospitals.
The CM also asked police to appoint nodal officers for security of doctors at all government hospitals in the state.
Meanwhile, the medicos present at the meet sought punishment for those involved in assault on doctors at NRS Medical College and Hospital on June 11.
1. Grievance Redressal Cell to be set up in Government Hospitals
2. Nodal Police Officer to be deployed in every Hospital
3. Dedicated PR personnel at District Hospitals
4. Night vigilance to be strengthened
5. There wouldn’t be any false cases against the doctors
6. Mamata suggests reinforced gates at emergency departments, PR persons to interact with patient’s relatives
7. Only two people can enter from the patient side
8. Government will probe into why no action was taken when doctors were attacked by a mob
9. A helpline number and an email to report an assault must be set up in hospitals
10. FIR to be lodged if any kind of physical assault, threats or verbal abuses are made against any health care personnel