Nation First News: In a bid to transform Puri into a ‘World Heritage City’, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Friday announced a special package of Rs 500 crore to develop the City.
The package focused on a range of modernisation plans that include infra development, multi-lane road, bridges, multi level parking, amenities, revival of Musa river, rehabilitation of the affected people in security zone, renovation of lakes and Mathas.
Details of the projects:
- New link road connectivity from Puri bypass from Malatipatpur to Jagganath Ballav Matha will be built at a cost of Rs 190 crore. This 1.5 km iconic link will be connected by a Trumpet Bridge (Shree Setu Project)
- The Jagganath Ballav Matha will be developed as an attractive pilgrim centre with multi-level car parking, amenities, commercial and meditation space and multi-modal hub at a cost of Rs 180 crore.
- Musa river & its confluence with Mangala river will be revived while a sacred pond will be constructed on 28 acres land and other sacred ponds will be renovated at a cost of Rs 85 crore.
- Govt will develop a lake on 28 acres of land at a cost of Rs 35 crore.
- Under ABADHA program, Rs. 256 Cr already allotted for infra development in Puri. Other initiatives include construction of state’s first trumpet bridge in the town and development of Atharnala.
- Other heritage lakes of Puri such as Sweta Ganga, Markanda, Narendra and Indradyumna will be renovated.
- Rehabilitation support will be provided for shops & estblishments and reconstruction support for Mathas inside the Security Zone.